IGMHS believes in Effective teaching of science, its principles and concepts. In order to achieve this one has
to look beyond the books and conventional classroom teaching. The knowledge that kids attain in classrooms would be
ineffectual unless they actually observe the process and understand the relationship between action and reaction.
Our primary objective behind having an excellent Science Lab with modern equipments is to develop these five very
important qualities in our students.
1. Skills - manipulative, inquiry, investigative, organizational, communicative
2. Concepts - such as hypothesis, theoretical model, taxonomic category
3. Cognitive abilities - critical thinking, problem solving, application, analysis, synthesis
4. Understanding the nature of science - scientific enterprise, scientists and how they work, existence of a multiplicity
of scientific methods, interrelationships between science and technology and among the various disciplines of science
5. Attitudes - such as, curiosity, interest, risk taking, objectivity, precision, confidence, perseverance,
satisfaction, responsibility, consensus, collaboration, and liking science.